Both Indian goods and chinese goods have their own pro and cons. If you talk about the quality then indians goods are much better than chinese goods but at the same time the same chinese product is cheaper than the Indian goods, so budget and the financial conditions are also concerned while choosing chinese product or Indian goods. By buying Indian product over chinese will help our country to improve its economic conditions and consequently that will help in getting rid of many problems such that unemployement and poverty.
Now there are certain facts to be given a glance
1. Small scale Indian industries are the worst hit by Chinese products. Currently 11 crore Indian’s livelihood is depending on ‘Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises’ (MSME) sector.
2. Mainly there are 12 types of products produced by MSME sector. Most of the imports from China are also these 12 types of products.
3. There is a big trade deficit between India and China.
4. Many Indian Toys industries were closed because of the vast imports of cheaper Chinese toys.
5. Many Chinese products such as fire crackers, plastic toys are found to be Health and Environment hazard, because of the use of low quality materials in the making
6. A Chinese industry doesn’t spend much money on innovation and development, rather Indian industries do spend money on research and innovation, hence their products are a bit costlier.
1. India cannot put a ban on imports of Chinese products as we are a part of the ‘World Trade Organisation’ (WTO).
2. Chinese products are cheaper.
3. With no competition, Indian goods manufacturers may rise the prices.
4. We are also importing primary goods from China like computer hardware, electronic components etc. These primary goods are used by Indian industries to make final products. If we ban Chinese products, Indian industries have to purchase these components from other countries at higher prices.
5. At present, India has no good alternatives to some of the Chinese products.
6. If we ban Chinese products, China may ban Indian products.
We should utilize the opportunity of importing some goods at cheaper rates, but should give a look on safety law . We should totally avoid the import of products that are Health and Environment hazard. Though we really can’t ban import of Chinese goods completely, but it totally depends on individual preference weather they will not buy Chinese products and can support Indian industries.