We are in the in the phrase of transformation and every bit is changing but at the same time we are facing one of the huge environmental issue that is global warming ,it has become very necessary to increase awareness about it among common public all over the world. Scientists and economists of many countries are working regularly in the field of global warming from many decades in order to figure out causes, effects and preventive measures.
In the last few decades, a huge level of change we have witnessed in the climate and weather. It has disturbed the natural cycles and ecological balance in the atmosphere. The most important cause of increasing global warming is the effect of greenhouse gases which are emitted by human activities. Different research has conducted research on this issue and found that ever increasing level of several greenhouse gases are highly responsible for warming of atmosphere. Combustion of fossil fuels by various means such as automobiles, cars, factories, electricity use, etc are responsible for emitting various green house gases like carbon dioxide, gases of sulphur and nitrogen, etc. Other contributors of the green house effect are methane released by means of landfills, agriculture, nitrous oxide from various toxic fertilizers, gases released by means of refrigeration and industrial processes, loss of forests, etc. The release of various toxic greenhouse gases in the atmosphere is increasing the atmospheric temperature as they have heat trapping abilities. Methane gas molecules and Nitrous oxide have more ability to trap heat than CO2. In many countries the use of chlorofluorocarbons has been banned because they also have ability to degrade the ozone layer which is the protective layer in the atmosphere as well as high potential to trap heat thousands of times more than CO2. Other cause of global warming is deforestation which decreases oxygen level, drought, disturbs ecological balance, changes climate and changes weather patterns. Here are some suggestions that can be really beneficial to fight global warming.
- Replace Regular Incandescent Light bulb- Use compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs they consume 70 % less energy than ordinary bulb.
- Drive Less-By driving less you are not only saving fuel and help to fight against global warming. At times go for combine trip if you have colleagues who live in the same area.
- Buy Energy-Efficient Appliances-Energy-efficient products can help you to save energy, save money and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Turn Off the Lights-If you’re not using a room, there’s no need for the light to be on rather it’s a good habit to turn off the lights and reduce wastage of energy.
- Turn off Electronic Devices-turn off electronic devices when you are moving out for a couple of days or more.
- Plant a Tree-Planting trees can help much in reducing global warming.
- Go Green: Using energy star appliances will not only save money, but also the amount of energy wasted in your home.
So join hands together to fight against these global warming and always try your best to educate people about global warming and its causes and after affects. Tell them how they can contribute their part by saving energy that will be good for the environment.